September 11, 2010

Sweethearts...


It was more than a year ago..

When the snob me met you

We were officemates that’s all

We even talk as if there’s a wall



You never thought you would like me

I was too bossy – that’s all you see

I never thought I’d like you too

I only saw what’s bad in you..


You were busy with other girls

Left and right you had your dates

I was with somebody who guarded me

And you thought I can never be free..


But Cupid has his ways

He played a game on you and me

The joyful you he made me see

And showed you how friendly I can be


Then you started to notice me

My ways, my attitude, my all

And that someone who guarded me for long

Was gone and left me all alone



You find ways to get my attention

Casually, you hold my hand & made me smile

And I couldn’t help but fall for you

As you began falling for me too


One day you acted like a stranger

You treated me as if I wasn’t there

You don’t talk to or look at me

You seemed afraid of what we will be


You didn’t plan to get involved

You thought it’s not the right time

You don’t want to hurt other people

So you decided to build another wall


But I knew then it was unfair

To hide what you were feeling

You taught me to like you

And to pretend not I couldn’t do



So I decided to let you know

That you have the right to show your love

That you should follow you heart

‘cause I’ll be there no matter what


Finally we had the chance

To show how much we really care

With a phone call and a casual date

We realized it’s not too late


Then the magic enveloped us

With a feeling that is so binding

We didn’t mind the situation we’re in

Our love is the most important thing


We decided to stick it out

You and me against the odds

Some people tried to tear us apart

But they failed to change our hearts


You showed me how much you really care

With tender touch & thoughtful ways

I’ve seen how much your love can be

And I can’t help but fall so easily



And since that very precious moment

That I was able to prove my love for you

I knew right then I love you true

And to leave you – I’ll never do


I’m glad you haven’t change

Though you’re sure I’ll always be yours

You’re still as sweet & thoughtful as ever

And I can feel you’ll be with me forever


Now I realized that two strangers

No matter how they oppose one another

If destiny brings them together

They couldn’t help but love each other…



This is a story of two people who started as “enemies” with their opposing views and opinions on a lot of things but after spending some moments together became inlove with each other even if “indifference” persists… sometimes, the one you hate is the one person you love most!



What’s more? The two ended up getting married and having two great kids – MARTINA & MARU!




1 comment:

mon said...

Paano po magpa-member sa PAJ? Actually po writer po ako from DA-BAR 2009-2010, tapos nasa DOST napo ako ngaun pero my fashion is agriculture journalism. Pls email me at skylynx_mon@yahoo.com